Monday, February 09, 2009

Bogong 2009

..didn't go as good as Forbes. Perhaps this place has more tricks to fly and we need to think more. All 3 task days I got too impatient trying to go faster. It usually worked at the begiging. But then I ultimately finded myself too low mistaked about the thermal, sometimes I had to spend an hour to come up again. And even when I got up, alone alredy, I tried to fly faster, making some decisions instead of "drifting down the course" and could mistake and got stucked for one hour more or even land short to goal. Grrr....
Well, at least I fly ~50km with the best pilots - it is an amazing feeling! They go so fast and confident! Wow! How do they??

My team mates tell where is no use in flying 50km fast (or even more) and then land. They tell it makes no tranings. They tell it is better to fly carefull but get to goal. Because if you are the first one to be 5km short to goal you hadn't make the task and all your speed worth nothing. Maybe I'm a full, but I don't get it.
Shouldn't I try to fly with the leaders to train better? Even if it worths me some risk to mistake and to land short?



THIS QUESTION IS FOR EVERYBODY.
How do You think, what is more effective for learning: being slow and carefull to get to goal every day or trying to be faster even if it may cause bomb out?


Or maybe I don't understand something........ help me please <.>

Gerolf said not to folllow the gagle with distance but to keep the same altitude as them. Seems very good advice, I should try to...

2 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

I believe your question relates a lot to taste. I was happy to focus on flying faster first. My goal was to win a task, which I finally acomplished last year. Thus, now, I have to set a new goal. I guess it should be something like fly to goal every task in a competition. In the end to become a top pilot you need both, speed and consistency.

1:19 PM  
Blogger sinoptic said...

Thank You, Rob

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home